Hip pain can be debilitating and keep you from doing your normal daily activities. There are many things that can lead to hip pain such as
- Bursitis – A fluid-filled sac called the bursa surrounds your joints. It helps to reduce friction and cushion the joint, but when it becomes inflamed it results in bursitis.
- Osteoarthritis – This is a degenerative process of the cartilage around your joints, often the result of normal wear and tear.
- Overuse or muscle strain – If you are physically active or athletic, this is a common problem. Putting your body through the same movements for long periods can cause muscles in the hip to become bruised or torn.
- Transient osteoporosis – This is a reversible but painful condition that impacts some pregnant women and middle-aged men.
But we can help!
Chiropractic provides options such as
- Exercise and stretches – Your chiropractor can offer you a personalized exercise and stretching program to help increase the range of motion of your hips and strengthen the muscles, both of which can help to speed healing.
- Spinal adjustments – The goal of spinal adjustments is to eliminate or reduce spinal misalignments that could be the source of your hip pain or making it worse.
- Lifestyle adjustments – If you are participating in a behavior that may be the cause of your hip pain, your chiropractor can help you to identify it in order to offer real solutions to help you change this behavior for better health.